Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mopar or No Car.

Again, the winds of change have blown in my mind. I'm telling you guys... it's like a tornado in there...

With the the payments on the Pontiac G6 under $1000.00, and it's physical health declining, the search for another vehicle is intensifying.

I have come to the conclusion that my next vehicle will be, with out a doubt, a Chrysler product. I have narrowed it down to (as of now...) three vehicles.

1. Dodge Dakota Full Cab, 4.7 V8.

Since the "inheritance" of my beloved GMC Sonoma to my brother-in-law, I have missed and longed for another truck. I have always liked the Dakota, and really like the 2008-2011 front end. I want the V8, and am iffy on whether or not I want 4WD. The only down side, is fuel mileage, but I think that could be offset by our Saturn SC2

2. Dodge Nitro Heat, 4.0 V6

The Nitro is another result of memories from another of my past vehicles, the Jeep Cherokee. The Nitro is the mechanical cousin to the Jeep Liberty, but in my opinion, better looking. It rides on a ladder frame, and has a solid rear axle, which are pluses in my book. It has the room we need, and has a good ride height as well.

3. 2011 Dodge Caravan AVP (American Value Package), 3.6 V6

This is a dreamer. The AVP is a stripped down version of the Caravan. Stripped down equals low weight. Low weight, plus the fact it still retains the Pentastar V6 (the most powerful engine in any van today)... equals the fastest van today. I like fast vans. It has all the room we need, and if I do say so myself, looks quite nice. If your thinking, "I wonder if he would try and mod it?" Yes. Yes I would.




So that's where I stand today. I am currently leaning toward the Dakota... but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment